Founded by parents that have spent their professional lives in Life Sciences, we value clinical evidence, safety & transparency in the development of products.
The Prapela SVS hospital bassinet pad aims to become the first medical device to provide drug-free treatment for NAS babies. The one button control unit starts a vibration cycle produced by a transducer mounted inside the enclosed pad which is designed to fit the most common sized hospital bassinet. Inside the pad, on the top layer, sits a safe for infant sleep surface. The entire pad is covered by a durable, easy to clean medical grade fabric. A cord extending from the top of the control unit plugs into a standard electrical outlet and has a medical grade power supply.
- Featuring SVS – A gentle, random vibration that calms hyperirritable infants developed and evaluated for over ten years at Harvard’s Wyss Institute, UMass Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Sleep cycle friendly – SVS is a low-level vibration, barely perceptible. It does not interfere with an infant’s natural sleep cycles.
- Non-habit forming – SVS is a random vibration therefore not habit forming. Newborns will not have to be weaned from the vibration to relax or fall asleep.
- Easy to set up – The pad fits easily into a standard size hospital bassinet. The cable from the platform extends outside the top of the bassinet. Set up takes about a minute.
- Easy to Use – one gentle, random vibration setting. Cycles on and off.
- Easy to Clean – the sleeping pad is covered in Sure-Chek™ fabric designed for hospital use. The fabric is durable, flame resistant, non-penetrable to liquids and body waste and is easily cleaned with mild soap suds and a warm water rinse.
- Certi-PUR-US® foam mattress – a full 1.5 inches thick, our firm mattress is Certi-PUR certified. The foam is made without ozone depleters, flame retardants, formaldehyde and phthalates with low VOC emissions
- Reusable 100% cotton cover sheet – a comfortable fabric to cover the hospital bassinet pad.
- Low Power and Safe – Powered by a UL listed power supply the product requires less than 150 milliamps compared to a smart phone requiring 2100 mA for charging.
- Patented – U.S. Patent Nos. 10,258,531 & 10,251,552
- Made in the USA from domestic and imported parts.
WE FOCUS ON SVS AND INFANT HEALTH AND WELLNESS
We understand more about SVS than any other infant health and wellness company in the world. It’s the result of ten years of effort in the science, product development and clinical evaluation of SVS at Harvard’s Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, the University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital.
STABILIZING IMMATURE BREATHING PATTERNS OF PRETERM INFANTS USING STOCHASTIC MECHANOSENSORY STIMULATION
One of the first published studies on SVS, this study evaluated the ability of the technology to stabilize breathing in preterm infants. The study also examined the impact of SVS turning on and off on an infant’s sleep cycles.
The major finding of this study with 10 preterm infants indicated breathing patterns in preterm infants can be shifted toward greater stability with SVS. Additionally, the study confirmed infant sleep stages are not impacted when SVS is on or when it switches on and off.
Read the Study: https://www.prapela.com/clinicalstudies
STOCHASTIC RESONANCE EFFECTS ON APNEA, BRADYCARDIA, AND OXYGENATION: A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL
This study evaluated the effect of SVS on oxygen desaturation (a decrease in blood oxygenation), bradycardia (slow heart rate) and apnea on premature (born at < 36 gestational age infants. This independent, randomized study hypothesized that SVS would reduce these events.
In the sample of 36 infants when SVS was turned on the number of desaturation, bradycardia and apnea events apneic decreased significantly. The study concludes that SVS may be a viable treatment option for premature infants suffering from these events.
Read the Study: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2015/11/18/peds.2015-1334