- This event has passed.
World Sexual Health Day
September 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
In 2010, the World Association for Sexual Health (WAS) called all their organisations to celebrate, on each September 4th, World Sexual Health Day in an effort to promote a greater social awareness on sexual health across the globe. The first World Sexual Health Day was celebrated with the slogan “Let’s talk about it!” to start breaking fears and taboos surrounding sexuality.
World Sexual Health Day has been celebrated in 35 countries with a wide range of activities from Round Tables of Discussion to Conferences and Art Exhibitions. Country organizers have taken WSHD activities to schools, media, hospitals, libraries, universities, public squares, art halls, theatre groups, etc. WAS wants to ensure that sexual health issues are discussed everywhere! Past topics of World Sexual Health Day are:
- 2014 “Sexual health = sexual wellbeing”
- 2013 “To achieve sexual health, picture yourself owning your sexual rights!”
- 2012 “In a diverse world, sexual health for all!”
- 2011 “Youth’s sexual health: Shared rights and responsibilities.”
- 2010 “Let’s talk about it!”