THE 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BRAIN MONITORING AND NEUROPROTECTION IN THE NEWBORN
February 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - February 9, 2019 @ 5:00 pm EST
Call for Abstracts:
The 11th International Conference on Brain Monitoring and Neuroprotection in the Newborn is dedicated to providing a forum for the continuing education of professionals working to improve the neurological and developmental health outcomes of premature and sick newborns. This conference explores means to understand, monitor, protect and treat the developing brain of the premature and term neonate.
Material presented in the abstracts should be organized and presented according to accepted scientific style. All new investigational studies must include the hypothesis being tested, methods, results with applicable statistics, and discussion and/or implications regarding practice.
The conference committee invites you to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation regarding, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Progression of, and influences on, fetal or neonatal brain development, both normal and abnormal
- Neuroprotection strategies in the neonate; Neonatal Neurointensive Care
- Continuous EEG monitoring – theory and applications
- Other forms of brain monitoring, such as NIRS, fMRI, biochemical, etc.
- Neuro-imaging studies
- Long-term outcome studies
- Developmental Care
- Neonatal clinical trials of medicines and/or devices
- Withdrawal of care and other challenging decisions
Abstracts should include the following sections, as applicable.
- Abstract Title
- Authors’ names, degree(s), and institution
- Background and Purpose: problem statement or hypothesis as appropriate
- Program, Materials, or Methodology
- Impact or Results
- Learner Objectives: 2-3
In the body of the email, please list the following:
- Title of the abstract
- Author’s name, degree(s), credentials, position title
- Presenter’s name (if known at the time of submission)
- Name of institution
- Author’s (or Institution’s if more applicable) address, city, state, zip
- Country if outside the USA
- IF the contact person is someone other than the author, please note that in the body of the email
- Abstract preference: choices are a) oral only, b) poster only, c) either
- Length of abstract: 1000 words maximum; Format: WORD, preference is Arial 12 pt, but font choice is optional.
- Send abstract as an email attachment to Bobbi Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get a reply within a day or two that the abstract was received. If you do not hear back, please call Bobbi Rose at (813) 974-6158, or send another email.
Abstracts are due by September 30, 2019
Decisions by the abstract review committee for oral considerations are expected by October 31, 2018. Notification will be by email. The conference does not provide any support for abstract presenters, regardless of presentation outcome. Abstract presenters must register to attend the conference.