- This event has passed.
“Team: From Development to Sustainability”
October 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Have you ever been stuck doing things the same way and not getting the momentum you know is needed to accomplish the goal? The adage “If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong” comes to mind. What are those things? Do you find there is exhaustion of the vital few? Do you have difficulty sustaining practices? Does QI occur from the top down? Does your team practice with a shared mental model?
Unit culture and conditions often direct practice in NICU’s. This presentation will share two unique approaches in the development/implementation of a team-based approach to care in both a large and small NICU.
- One approach was the development of an interdisciplinary team to care for a population (ELBW Infant) in a specific new unit within a larger NICU.
- Another approach was a grass-roots method based on staff interest and passion. Self-identified energy was utilized to form teams for process improvement in four key areas.
- Similarities and differences to approach, results, and ongoing support will be presented as well as identified barriers and possible solution strategies.
- 1 Describe at least one way an interdisciplinary approach to care can facilitate teamwork and communication
- 2 Provide two clinical examples from this presentation where a team-based model of care lead to improved safety, clinical outcomes, staff engagement and family satisfaction