- This event has passed.
NICU Leadership Forum
April 22, 2018 @ 8:00 am - April 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm EDT
22nd Annual NICU Leadership Forum | Leadership: Finding Joy in the Journey
Sawgrass Marriott – Ponte Vedra, Florida
Joy at work? Is that an oxymoron? Not at all!
- Research shows that positive emotions, such as joy, can make staff more motivated and higher achieving.
- Joyful leaders foster a more joyful environment, which has been linked to a wide range of different performance-related behaviors including enhanced thinking and reasoning, more efficient decision-making, and greater collaboration.
- Creating a joyful work environment not only increases staff satisfaction and engagement, it can also decrease turnover and reduce errors.
You deal with incredibly complex and difficult situations every day. So, how can we as leaders regain a sense of joy? How can we work as a team? What are approaches we can take to nurture our workforce so they become joyful, productive, and engaged staff? Come find out!
Joy makes it possible to have stress without being stressed.”
– Rose Rivers PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Other unique conference features:
- Three pre-conferences on Sunday, April 22
- Two-hour lunch sessions with leaders in similar positions to yours to find solutions, discuss successes, and encourage each other
- Twelve attendee presentations
- A Poster Session highlighting best practices and lessons from around the country
- Several participatory awards with FREE tuition for next year’s meeting
- Partnering with sponsors to develop new ideas to meet the needs of today’s complex environment
- Numerous Networking Opportunities:
- Welcome reception on Sunday evening, April 22
- Dessert reception on Monday night April 23
- Leaders “March for Babies” on Tuesday April 24
- Dinner and social activity on Tuesday night April 24
- Free afternoon and evening on Wednesday April 25 starting at 1:30 pm