- This event has passed.
NATIONAL URGENT CARE AWARENESS MONTH
May 16, 2016 @ 8:00 am - May 20, 2016 @ 5:00 pm EDT
National Urgent Care Awareness Month is held each May to celebrate the exceptional contribution of urgent care clinicians and professionals and to bring awareness to our vital industry. Take a look at some of the ideas and resources you can use to start preparing for this year’s event to be held this May with special recognition during the week of May 16-20!
The 2016 National Urgent Care Awareness Month theme will focus on educating payers, media, the public, and others on when to seek medical treatment at an urgent care center versus an ER, FSED, or retail center.
- UCAOA held a Twitter Chat with moderator @ShibleySmiles on Wednesday, March 2 from 8-9pm ET. The hashtag #UrgencyOrEmergency was used during the conversation and more than 1.4 million Twitter users were reached!
- Read the UCAOA press release: Urgent Care Awareness Month Survey Finds Millennials More Confused about Healthcare Options than Baby Boomers
- Read the UCAOA press release: Urgency or Emergency? The Wrong Answer Could Be Costly.
- Download this year’s flyer to post in your urgent care center.
- Click here to access banners for use on your web site, in social media, and as an e-signature image.
- Download the Healthcare Industry’s Urgent Need for Urgent Care, which is an infographic explaining how urgent care centers are playing an important role in keeping up with the everyday needs of the growing patient-base.
- Download the Urgency or Emergency? infographic, which helps to explain to patients when to head for an urgent care center for treatment.
- Download the members’ media toolkit, chock-full of customizable media materials, including a press release template for Urgency or Emergency?, helpful talking points, reference guides, outreach materials, and more.
Sponsor a local health fair:
Engage your community with fun games and interactive exhibition to provide them with tools and resources to understand, trust, and utilize your center’s offerings. You may want to co-sponsor this event with a larger institution such as a hospital, health club or community center.
Host Q&A sessions for your patients:
Open the floor for your patients to address their health-related concerns and problems. This is a golden opportunity to build a stronger rapport with your patient and make them loyal to your services. You may chose to hold this event at your local community center.
Staff Volunteer Projects:
Service is a vital component to any urgent care. Get your staff involved in efforts that can truly benefit your community. See how Texas-based Rockwall Urgent Care served their community.
Host an event for children:
Participate in a library reading hour that emphasizes good health and hygiene or host a fitness activities at your local community center. For older children consider speaking at school career days to share the fun and diversity of working in an urgent care environment.
Talk to your local media:
National Urgent Care Awareness month is a perfect time to talk to your local media about highlighting how urgent care medicine is vital to the healthcare industry. Don’t forget to use social media to get your message across as well.