Our 20th Annual Summer Conference on Pediatrics is designed to provide physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs, nurses, and other healthcare professionals involved in the care of pediatric patients with up-to-date and evidence-based clinical data in Pediatrics. The goal of this conference is to increase knowledge and enhance the competence of attendees. Emphasis will be placed on practical application of the evidence-based topics presented.
Topics for this year’s conference have been selected based on the educational needs determined from the identified professional practice gaps. The gaps were derived from a variety of sources including evaluations and outcomes data from past participants; clinical expert input; Symposia Medicus’ online survey; and other medical and nursing data.
Conference format will include didactic lectures, smaller group breakout and interactive sessions, case studies, and question and answer sessions.
An outstanding faculty has been assembled for this conference. Each member was selected based on their individual area of expertise and ability to communicate current, evidence-based, and practical information to participants.
You are sure to enjoy our 20th Annual Summer Conference on Pediatrics while sharing ideas and experiences with colleagues from across the country in the beautiful setting of Lake Tahoe, California.
As a result of participating in this conference, you should have increased knowledge and enhanced competence to…
• Manage common pediatric fractures
• Review important diagnostic tests including new blood pressure guidelines and testing for cholesterol and diabetes
• Design simple ways to engage adolescents and their families in the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders
• Assess updates on the effectiveness of pertussis and influenza vaccines
• Apply a practical office-based approach to children with initial urinary tract infections, including diagnostic criteria and appropriate follow-up