- This event has passed.
16th Annual World Congress on Pediatrics
March 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - March 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Nearly every child or teen faces some challenges as they grow up because of peer pressure, family changes, a death or other loss, managing a chronic illness, or simply because it isn’t easy making the change from being a child to being an adult. Poor mental health can affect overall well-being and can lead to emotional and behavioral changes, ADHD and learning disabilities. Many children experience loss or stress, and others must manage their chronic illness at a young age. Some children have a disorder that runs in the family and puts them at higher risk for depression or anxiety. Some children may also be affected due to school problems and relationship problems and leads to behavioral and developmental disorders. If a child or teen shows extreme anxiety, depression, problems with nightmares and sleeping, aggressive behaviors or if he talks of suicide, seek immediate cognitive behavioral therapies.
- Pediatric anxiety and tic disorders
- School problems and relationship problems
- Behavioral and developmental disorders
- ADHD and learning disabilities
- Consultation and evaluations for diagnosis and treatment
- Psychopharmacology and medication management
- Diagnosis & Treatment
- Life-long implications of pediatric mood, emotional and behavioral changes